Thursday, July 17, 2008

Who's My Baby's Daddy?


873 "calf in question"



73, had a few options for who actually sired her calf this year.

I'll give you as much information as I have and I want you to make an educated geuss on who's this baby's daddy is.

Ofcourse, it's a guess and there's no way to know without a DNA test...good thing I had a DNA test done and know the answer. Just want to see if anyone can guess this right.


Dam - 73





Possible Sires
Houdini




Dr. Seuss




Snake Farm, Catfish, Rudy, Wasabi.

Catfish was 14 years old. Snake Farm, Rudy and Wasabi (both Catfish calves) were yearlings. Rudy is NOT a possible sire (he was behaved and stayed on his side of the fence).

The story:

On June 26th we had 73 Ai'd to Houdini.

On June 2nd we put 73 (and the rest of the AI cows) out with Dr. Seuss who was already on pasture as our clean up bull. Took him off on Septempet 17th.

On July 13th we looked out the window and noticed that Catfish and Wasabi broke through the fence and was in the cow pasture. They were sniffing and riding 73. Dr. Seuss was in the pasture but about 10 acres away from 73 (possibly already bred her, possibly not..)

Ran outside to get this mess cleaned up. The fence was broke down between the 2 pastures. I saw Catfish and Wasabi both in with 73 and both breed her.

Then Catfish and Wasabi starting fighting and Snake Farm went through the fence to 73, he sniffed her but didn't once breed her that I saw.


873 was born the afternoon of April, 26 2008.

Who do you think it is?

BONUS QUESTION: What happened to the swish of 873's tail?

5 comments:

Jami said...

Robert and I's guess is Catfish just 'cause he's your favorite, and we know it wasn't the first AI bull otherwise she wouldn't have come back in heat. Robert likes reading the blogs too btw.

Anonymous said...

Wasabi

Anonymous said...

SUESS.......AND THE TAIL WAS STEPPED ON AND BROKE OFF.

Anonymous said...

By her calving date she wouldve bred around the first week of August so it would have to be dr suess

Tenneile said...

BTW, Phil and my guess was Dr. Seuss.

Think that calf looks just like him.