Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nicky + Houdini



April 4th at noon I stopped work to make some personal calls. Thought I'd check cows while doing it. It was easier since they were all at the house and I could see them from the bedroom window. Nicky was looking close that morning and there she was off by her self doing waht I call the "contraction dance." At 12:27 I watched the calf be born. Nicky is a great mom and went to cleaning him right away. I got to watch it all, from the calf trying to stand up on his wobbly legs to his first drink. It was pretty amazing. I got to see Hooked Up just like this last year when he was born, it'll never cease to amaze me.

Nicky is one of the meanest cows I have so I was pretty surprised when she brought him up for grain that night. She did her grunts warning us that if we came anywhere close we'd be toast. And she always had atleast one eye on us.

Got some good pics of the baby, even one with him sticking his toungue out at us. And look at those Zebra ears.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Some great pictures of your new babies!