Today Cowboy is 12...It's hard to believe.
I remember the day I got him. Phil and I were still living in Sterling. We'd been together 3 months, but it felt like we were a happily married couple with 5+ years of expeirence.
Phil had Jenny, his little girl blue heeler, and I wanted a little boy for myself. We'd been looking but hadn't found anything.
It was the summer of 1997 and we decided to drive to Windsor to the bull riding (this was a few years before we had bulls and just went to watch). I'm pretty sure Phil was retired by then, but can't remember exactly.
A couple from New Raymer had a litter of pups for sale and I headed right over. Saw a cute little red heeler. A fun little boy, but pretty scrawny and just not 100% perferct. I was about to settle for him when this big fluffy blue pushed his way through the litter mates and stole my heart. I picked him up and it was all over..I had found the one. He was $100, and $100 was a lot for a starving college student working at Wal-Mart for her part of the rent. But, he was worth every penny.
Named him Copenhagen Cool Cowboy on the way to Phil's parent's (couldn't be this close to their house and not visit, Phil said).
I love you Cowboy, thanking you for being my best friend...here's to another 12




2 comments:
Ooohhh! Now I really miss Quincy. Happy Birthday Cowboy!
He's kind of cute :o)
Post a Comment