Thursday, October 9, 2008

Been a long time

So it's been over a month since I blogged anything. Mainly because I don't have any pictures and isn't that really the best part. I do have some videos, but I'll give you all a break on bucking bull videos.

We went to a bull riding in Idaho Springs a few weekends ago. It was a benefit for breast cancer and I was pretty disappointed in the turnout. Only 1/3 of the bull riders that were expected showed up. For a benefit I expect more! They only had left hand deliveries so we were limited to only taking Dr. Suess. He was put in the short-go and bucked his guy off pretty quickly. Phil heard the producer say "now, that's a short-go bull!"

While there we ran into an old college buddy. It was nice to catch up and re-hash old memories. When we were in college he spurred himself in the butt after coming off a bronc. He was told to take a bath in Epsom salt to relieve the pain. He didn't have any Epsom salt, so he used table salt...Yeah, not the best idea and to say the least it did nothing but increase the pain. I have other stories, and probably better ones, but none that are clean enough for the board....I had to laugh every time I looked at the guy.

Saturday after that my cousin came up with her boyfriend and we took them up to Estes Park. Didn't realize they were having a special event and the place was packed! We didn't do much but eat lunch, but I still enjoyed the time with Ruby to catch up. Wish she lived closer so could see her more.

Then on Sunday Phil's mom and I did the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure, a 5K walk/jog through downtown Denver. There were over 80,000 people!!! It was a great experience and something I plan to do every year. If we invite just one more person to join our group each year, we'll be doing a small part to help find a cure.

After the walk, we meant my brother and his girlfriend, Beth for brunch. We were sporting our Race for the Cure t-shirts. I went to pay and was told it was already purchased. I went to say thank you and the lady who bought it was a 17 year survivor. It was great to talk with her and really put everything into prospective.

Friday we have a classic event in Loveland that we are taking Dirty Rice too. As always, I'm nervous, excited and jittery. All I ask is that he does what I know he can do and the cowboy stays on long enough for the judges to see what he's all about. After that it's in the hands of the judges. We have a lot of friends going and expect a pretty good time. I'll report back on how it goes, and hopefully will remember to take pictures.

2 comments:

Jami said...

Hey sunshine...good luck with the bull ridings, and I hope Dirty Rice bucks hard! Post the videos, those are fun to watch too. Miss you!

Jami said...

Oh...and I'm pretty sure that in a couple years we need to the Bolder Boulder again! Better get your running shoes out. : )